This page will guide you on following points in your office and to take maximum benefit of Jamku.
Responsibilities of Implementation Team
- Oversee all the activities of Jamku implementation
- Gather data & get the data ready for import (in templates provided by Jamku)
- Decide how the Jamku will be configured, use best practices while configuring Jamku.
- Be a single point of contact between Jamku Support and all other team members in the firm. All the queries of team members are routed through this team.
- Schedule data import session and training for all team members with Jamku Support
- Install Jamku App on all the devices of all team members
- Celebrate migration of office from existing system to Jamku (For motivation).
- Ensure all the team members are using Jamku for until the term of Implementaiton Team (i.e. 3 Months) (This is tracked using Daily Dashboard)
- Conduct 4 Weekly meeting with all team members to
- Gather feedback,
- Gauge problems they are facing,
- Level of understanding of the system (aka Jamku)
- Conduct internal training sessions if required
- Define KPI and fix up responsibility to monitor Jamku usage (this is the handover phase)
Implementation Team Size
Depending upon team size of the office, we recommend below Minimum/Maximum team size.
- Small Office (Less than 10 Users) - 2/3 Team Members
- Medium Office (10 to 40 Users) - 3/4 Team Members
- Large Office (50-150 Users) - 3/5 Team Members
- Enterprise Office (150 + Users) - 4/5 Team Members
Constitution of the Implementation Team
- Partner / Proprietor
- Senior Team Leader / Manager
- Team Member with lot of Enthusiasm and at least a little bit tech savvy attitude
Term of Implementation Team
The term (duration) for this team will typically be 3 months from the date of purchase of Jamku. Depending upon the speed at which your Office adopts to the new system, the term may be extended upto 6 to 8 months. Some offices even keep this team permanent which becomes the System Admin team, who is then responsible for the upkeep of the system.
Decisions to be taken by Implementation Team
Task cut off for starting to use Jamku
We recommend taking a cut off date of the Engagements (aka Task), from this date onwards, all the engagements will be created in Jamku. The amount of effort in getting all the current going tasks into Jamku will be simply tremendous, hence not recommended. A general cut of date is current month start date. Example: If you start using Jamku say from 8th of May 2021. Then, a good cut of date will be 1st May 2021.
All the team members should be clearly instructed to start creating all the Tasks which start after cut off date only in Jamku. All the previous tasks will continue in the previous system (generally it's Excel Trackers or Physical register)
Task Year & Quarter
Jamku is flexible on what you use as Q1 and your association of Q1 with actual calendar.
Example: Some firms might say Q1 means April to March, while other might consider it as January to March.
It does not matter what you construe(interpret) the meaning. The only requirement is to be consistent.
Hence, implementation team has to finalize the period nomenclature and inform all the team members.
Depending upon your existing timesheet system or your expectation from the timesheet, you may configure Jamku's workdone module. Each office's needs are unique. If you want to stick to our recommendations, simply ignore this configuration for now.
Restricting Past dates data entry
- How many days in past can attendance be marked.
- How many days in past can workdone can be Added/Modified.
- How many days in future can workdone can be Added/Modified.
Setting up permissions for all team members
Read about permissions in Jamku and determine which permissions should be given to each team members.
Setting up Billing Process
Once your firm is using Jamku smoothly for a period of 1 month, you can start implementing billing module in Jamku. Get in touch with Support team to schedule a separate training session to cover just Billing related features.